Yeah, yeah, I’m late to the party but I wasn’t able to watch the show live due to annoying time zones. I would’ve had to stay up until like 5 in the morning and that would’ve been a terrible day at work. Monday’s are already annoying enough. So I raced home after, had dinner, jumped into the shower and now I’m hooked on my tablet, super excited for the show cause I managed not to read or look at too much on social media. So here we go, these are my thoughts throughout the show and please feel free to share your opinions with me.
- That “red carpet” looks LIT!
- I didn’t even know until yesterday that Katy Perry was hosting. I don’t know, I’m not a huge fan anymore. I find her annoying and tacky. Sorry not sorry!
- Sean Mendes is so cute and polite. A very well-mannered young man.
- OMG – Pink’s daughter is sooo cute and just the whole family is adorable.
- Nicki Minaj is wearing my favorite color: Barbie pink! I will probably never look like that in latex though. She’s fierce!
- Out of everyone on the carpet, Demi Lovato looked the best.
- There are some people that just can’t disappoint with their performances. Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, Sean Mendes, Alessia Cara, Demi Lovato sure know what they’re doing.
- I love how Katy Perry enters the stage, talks a whole bunch of crap and all the celebs try very hard not to roll their eyes.
- YASSSSS, Paris Jackson. You go girl!
- Man, how I would’ve loved to see all the faces during Taylor’s video premiere. I think it’s truly a piece of art.
- Ummm, don’t tell me that Lorde actually got paid for that performance?! No singing, bad dancing and a terrible outfit, seriously?!
- Wow, Fifth Harmony throwing a fake Camilla off stage… Well, the split was good.
- I’m so happy that Taylor Swift and Zayn got an award for “I don’t want to live forever” because unlike many other people, I absolutely adore this song. It’s one of my absolute favorites.
- R.I.P. Chester. Your voice will truly never be forgotten.
- I’m so glad that Miley is back to showing off her incredible voice instead of dry-humping Robin Thicke.
- Pink has always been one of the most talented artist out there and never got enough recognition. Even now, her performance was waaaay too short. I mean, Justin Timberlake or Beyoncé gave a whole concert and she gets like what, 5 minutes??? No comment! But her speech was beautiful, as is her daughter.
- 0800-273-8255 brought me to tears. Seeing all those beautiful people on stage who at some point wanted to take their own lives is just heartbreaking.
- That 30 Seconds to Mars performance was kinda creepy but also kinda cool.
- And then Heather Heyer’s mom enters the stage and suddenly everything else seems so unimportant…
- How cool of Rod Stewart to join DNCE. That looked like so much fun.
- Kendrick Lamar is just such an incredible artist. He deserves it all!!!
- And for the grand finale, Katy Perry gives a terribly lame performance of her awful song.
Well, that was the show. I admit, I’ve seen worse VMA shows in the last few years but honestly, Katy Perry wasn’t entertaining at all. Maybe go back to no host at all? Or someone who is actually funny and doesn’t have to try so hard. But I’ve always been a fan of award shows and great artists deserve proper recognition, so I will continue to watch them.
Find me on social media: Twitter ♥ Instagram ♥ Facebook ♥ Snapchat ♥ Pinterest ♥ Bloglovin
Pingback: Goodbye August 2017 | The Undateable Girl's Diary