As long as I can remember, I’ve always been a huge fan of collecting quotes, especially from movies. I always felt that if you include some into your life, you become a part of it and it becomes a part of you. It was something I especially did as a teenager. As mentioned in my post “50 Thought I Had While Watching Clueless,” I used to put together handouts with a bunch of quotes on them and gave them to my friends so we could all talk like that. Especially Clueless was a super big deal for me and it just has so many funny lines, I just had to put together an online version of my teenage handouts. This movie definitely gives you a lot of great lines that work a great variety of situations.
01. Whenever someone wants something from you that you’re totally not cool with.
Ugh, as if!
02. When you feel like extending your vocabulary.
Sporadically. It means once in a while. Try to use it in a sentence.
03. When you and your friends need to share thoughts on people’s attractiveness.
04. When you think someone’s super hot until you’re standing in front of them.
Monet: It’s like a painting, see? From far away, it’s okay. But up close, it’s a big old mess.
05. Whenever Trump says something stupid.
May I please remind you that it does not say ‘RSVP’ on the Statue of Liberty.
06. When you feel uncomfortable or disgusted.
I had an overwhelming sense of ickiness.
07. When you don’t get what you want.
I don’t get it. Did my hair get flat? Did I stumble into some bad lighting?
08. When you have an important test, interview etc.
Where’s my white collarless shirt from Fred Segal [enter any item and brand that works for you]. It’s my most capable looking outfit!
09. When you feel like shaking your head at a guy’s outfit.
So okay, I don’t want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don’t get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair (eww!) and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we’re expected to swoon? I don’t think so.
10. Pretty much anytime. Just don’t forget to make a W with your fingers.
11. When you actually have no clue but are winging it like a pro.
Do you have any idea what you’re talking about?
No. Why, does it sound like I do?
12. Whenever some annoying person tries to call you.
Don’t tell me those brain-dead lowlifes are calling me again.
13. In order to check the intoxication level of your friends, see if they know how to roll with the homies.
Rollin’ with the homies.
14. When people once again start blaming everything on the media.
So until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there’s no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value.
15. When you arrive late to something and people call you out for it.
A watch doesn’t really go with this outfit.
16. When people ask you over and over again why you’re single.
I’m not a prude, I’m just highly selective.
You see how picky I am about my shoes, and those only go on my feet.
17. When you describe your bff.
She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us.
18. When guys do something stupid.
Well, obviously this boy is a complete moron.
19. When people question your fashion choices.
What the hell is that?
20. When people are mad at you for being late or forgetting something and you want to make them laugh about it.
Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank…
21. When you’re on your period or have to use it as an argument for something.
I was surfing the crimson wave. I had to haul ass to the ladies’.
22. When you’re thinking about dating a fashion victim., think twice.
He does dress better than I do, what would I bring to the relationship?
23. When you spend days staring at your phone, remember this.
Christian said he’d call the next day, but in boy time that meant Thursday.
24. When someone criticizes your driving.
You try driving in platforms.
Hello? There was a stop sign!
I totally paused.
25. When you feel like being bitchy.
What do you think of Amber? [enter any name]
26. Instead of calling someone pretty.
27. When someone is totally out of line with their outfit.
Do you prefer fashion victim or ensemble-y challenged?
28. When you’re in a bad mood or stressed out.
Oh my god, I am totally buggin’.
29. When people don’t get how awesome cartoons are.
That’s Ren and Stimpy [enter any cartoon show]. They’re way existential
30. When you want to give or hear some crazy dating advice.
I sent myself love letters and flowers and candy, just so he’d see how desired I was, in case he didn’t already know. And anything you can do to draw attention to your mouth is good. Also, sometimes, you have to show a little skin, this reminds guys of being naked and then they think of sex.
[All GIFs were taken from the Giphy website.]