Since unfortunately lots and lots of people are currently stuck inside their homes, I thought, I’d put together a list with things to do. The thing is, most of us are not used to this. We’re always busy with work, running errands or socializing, and we forgot how to relax, be with ourselves and our families all day long.
Personally, I have to admit that staying home isn’t a huge difference for me, since I work from home most of the time anyway, which I’m currently doing indefinitely, and my social life isn’t the most exciting. So I consider myself a pro at this and I honestly never really get bored. There is just no such thing for me and I’m perfectly fine with being with myself.
Maybe you’ve heard all of these options before, maybe you find something new to try. Either way, take care of yourselves and your families, cause that’s most important. ♡
- Have a good spring-clean of your house, room or apartment. It’s a great feeling when your surrounding is clean – especially now that you’re probably spending a lot of time at home.
- Tackle your TBR pile. Like many people, I have so many books that are just waiting to be read, so if you have lots of time on your hands now, you should go for it.
- Start writing that book you’ve always dreamed about. Or you know, term papers, your thesis for your university degree, etc.
- Just do some writing in general. Blogging, diary, letters…
- Call and text the people you love. I definitely want to talk to my 90-year-old grandma more. I wish, I could visit her and stay with her a bit, during this difficult time, but her health is or course more important.
- Play some board games. I still hope to get my parents to do this because I love them, but nobody usually really feels like playing.
- Try out some new recipes or cook/bake something you haven’t made in ages.
- Organize your life. Seriously, what better time to get everything sorted? Closets, kitchen cupboards, computer files, everything on your phone – options are endless.
- Have some movie marathons. When was the last time you re-watched all the Harry Potter movies? Or Lord of the Rings, The Fast and the Furious, anything Disney. I’m sure you’ll find something.
- Binge-watch your favorite TV show or start a new one. And if you haven’t already signed up for Netflix or Disney+, what are you waiting for?! And no, I do not get paid for this. I’m just a huge fan and spend endless hours entertaining myself.
- Start a YouTube channel. Cause it’s never too late to become a high-paid influencer, right? Or TikTok or something like that.
- Play video games. No matter if old or new ones, it’s always great fun. I should totally hook up my old Super Nintendo or grab my Game Boy. But of course, anything works. Maybe even find a new game on your phone. I love playing Disney Emoji Blitz.
- Get creative. There are endless ways to get your inner artist going. Paint, draw, scrapbook, take fun pictures inside your home. Maybe you’re the next Banksy and you just didn’t know, you had it in you, cause you never tried.
- Have lots and lots of cuddles with your pets, if you have any. Also, your kids. Obviously. I’m just more of a dog person.
- Have a pamper-day. Sleep as long as you want, have a bath if you like, walk around in a nice robe, put on a facemask, do your nails, sip some tea, eat something you really love and just take care of your body and soul.
- Do some gardening.
- Put together a photo album or a scrapbook because I’m sure that many of us have boxes full of photos and things like tickets from special events that nobody really pays attention to. If you need tips for scrapbooking, I can help you out.
- If you like sports and want to stay fit, there are plenty of workout tutorials, etc. online. I know it’s not the same but still better than nothing. I’ve always wanted to try Yoga and maybe I should.
- Learn a new language.
- Do all those things you just never have time for or have put off since forever. They’re probably annoying and not super important but finally getting it done might feel good. Things like putting up the frames on your wall that have been standing around forever, washing your curtains, hand wash those clothes you can’t put in the washer and so many other things.
- Plan social media content for all your channels.
- You could offer your help to people who are not allowed to leave the house at all because they’re too old, don’t have a car or are quarantined.
- Learn how to do your make-up with some YouTube tutorials. We all want to know how to get those perfect smoky eyes, right?! And don’t get me started on contouring.
- Redecorate. When I was younger, I used to move my furniture around so many times per year and I loved it. If the layout of your living space allows for some changes, give it a try.
- Catch up on all the sleep you haven’t had in years.
- Have a little dance party once a day to brighten the mood and get your body moving. Silly dancing to your favorite music can work wonders.